Re: Filenames become lower case under MiNT?

Hi,

>I was just adding MiNT to a TT. I only wanted MiNT on the machine for
>running the Spin CD-ROM driver and maybe the VFAT filesystem. Therefore I
>haven't got any of the usual UNIX style configuration, just MINT.PRG in
>the auto folder and MINT.CNF in the MINT folder.
>
>Everything is ok, except that all the filenames on the hard drive show up
>in lower case, which muddles newdesk - it thinks that programs are not
>executable etc.

Do you have NEWFATFS and VFAT switched on for the drives which
are appearing in lower case?

There is a flag called VFATLCASE which defaults to showing names
in lower case on VFAT Drives.  See the example MINT.CNF:

# VFATLCASE=[yn]
# force return of FAT names in lower case on VFAT drives
# global option; default is yes

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ben Hills.