Re: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

Robert Krenn wrote:

> > > http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~fnaumann/mint/1.15.1-beta/
> >
> > GUNZIP reports:   "not GZIP format" ....
> >
> > Is your GZIP binary corrupted?  Mine works, I just unpacked some
> > stuff from Funet with it, so... ;-/
>
> The problem seams to be that the http server is not aware that ´.tgz´ is
> a binary format, and sends the file as MIMEtype text/plain. Some
> web-browsers seams to have problem with this Netscape atleast. Lynx
> usally gets it right if you choose to download the file. //Robert
If that is the case, he just needs to add .tgz to the
options/general preferences/helpers (using netscape)
That will correct download problem.
Opps, cats out of the bag. I use netscape on a PC.
All my Ataris are doing more important things. Besides, if I get a
virus, all I lose is a PC. Not much loss.
--
Brent
Thirsk Engine /Ponoka/Alberta/Canada