Re: new MiNT list server?

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Guido Flohr wrote:

> is perfectly alright but in longer terms I would prefer the usenet
> solution.  Such a list is much more attended by the public than a
> mailing list.

A newsgroup is fine, but I much prefer a mailing list for many things.
I thin kthe newsgroup is fine for more general discussion whereas the
mailing list is important to bind together the various ppl working
on MiNT and its applications. There is no closely-bind ring of contacts
on usenet and not really as great for certain topics. I'm sure I wouldn't
read it as often as I do this list.

> The same direction:  What about http://www.mint.org/, an "official"
> MiNT web site?  Something has moved in the hardware sector, if we
> don't hoist up ours sails now and profit from the wind coming from
> that direction, when else?

That's a very good idea IMO. We could volunteer to serve the site from
Fishpool (although I'm not volunteering to register the domain and deal
with that hassle). I could maybe also help designing and setting up the
pages, if I have time.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |