RE: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Howard Chu wrote:

> > If that is the case, he just needs to add .tgz to the
> > options/general preferences/helpers (using netscape)
> > That will correct download problem.
>
> No, it probably won't. The server needs to be configured as well -
> if it treats a binary file as a text file there is bound to be
> corruption from the server end of things.

Actually, I went back with IE 3.02 and it recognized it as
a binary, where Netscape 4.05 did not...

This is how I managed to finally download the "bootproblem"
binary (which, btw, was a straight GZ file - dunno who the
hell got the idea my "troublesome" file was a TGZ).

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS OY       http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/