Re: [MiNT] MiNT termination

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 04:15:11PM +0100, Thomas Binder wrote:
> Well, I think that KGMD's init.prg is very limited, and should be
> replaced with a more sophisticated one. I'm thinking of runlevels and
> other nifty stuff. A port (if not already done by someone) could then of
> course use MiNT's Shutdown() function on receiving SIGHUP (reboot?) and
> SIGTERM (halt?)
>
> I wouldn't opt for changing MiNT's exit behaviour, as it may be useful
> for some people.

I agree.

And I wouldn't like the idea that terminating the AES would
unconditionally kill MiNT because I would like the idea
of being able to launch at kill the AES whenever I want
without having to reboot.

Alternative proposal:  If init goes to runlevel 0 the system is
halted.  Runlevel -1 (or any unused) would cause the kernel to
try (only try!) to exit gracefully and leave a plain TOS
environment.

Ciao

Guido

P.S.: Maybe we could define runlevel -5 as "go to single-user
mode and boot Magic". ;-)
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de