[MiNT] DHCP or a like wanted for mint!

Hello ppl. i have a urgent request but first some history:

I got me self a cable modem connection, and tried to connect to the isp's
server ever since, (almost a month now!) i tried many things and various
helped me trying to solve it... untill i got into #unix and #linux on irc
and 2 ppl helped me and told me i'd probably need DHCPD for the ppp
connection... i have asked flinny to take a look, and he did, but he no Mint
stuff at his place right now, so i have 2 packages of DHCPD: the linux
original and a slightly debugged version from flinny. my GCC and MINTlib
have not installed themself correctly (the updates), so i can't compile it
to have ago, i can do 'make' in the apropriate dir, but i get 6 errors, and
i can't do anything more...

the request: WHO would want to take a look at the package, and try to compile
or make a DHCP (compatible) for mintnet?

i have the packages standing ready for the ppl that would like a go,

the idea is to put a 24h server online via this cable, and i will grand a
free 25Mb personal account on it's system for a page, or personal ftp to the
one that takes mint a next step higher to linux/ethernet compatibility.

furthermore, how do i create a firewall in mintnet?

thanks for your time, i hope to get some replies soon! :)

CU Barry (NUT on irc)