Re: [MiNT] Questions about minixfs and mintne

> > I don't know if we really need this many INIT levels, but maybe
> > introducing an FSCK level that goes before everything else and
> > acts as a single-user would fix those "cannot sync or lock drive"?
>
> The problem is, that the fsck doesn't inform the kernel about changes on
> the disk if the Dlock() method fail.

Can MinixFS and fsck.minix be easily improved for that?
Is it very complicated and tedious to implement?
This would be a _highly_ welcome bugfix.

> > However, that new MinixFS often gives me errors after a 'grep'
> > on a whole directory (ie:  grep "string" *.c) and I dunno why.
>
> What errors?

Is there any way to log kernel errors (maybe using syslog), so
that I don't have to write down what Alert.ACC reports? ;-)

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/