RE: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

> |> Please tell me how DATE/TIME breaks the memory protection and
> why _CPU, _FPU
> |> and other cookies do not break it.
>
> Because _CPU, _FPU, etc, don't contain pointers, but simple,
> self-contained numbers.

But to get a cookie value you use pointer from 0x5a0 (IIRC). The cookies
have to be in a globally accessible memory to not break the memprot. And I
suggested to put the DATE/TIME 'mirrored' variables into such globally
accessible memory as well. What's wrong with that? Cookies can't contain
pointers to globally accessible memory but 0x5a0 can? And what about OLGA
protocol recently mentioned here? It does contain pointers as well.

I don't get it. Perhaps because I never seen the memory protection working
in MiNT. Please enlighten me, thanks.

Petr