AW: AW: AW: [MiNT] drives

> Von: owner-mint@fishpool.com [mailto:owner-mint@fishpool.com]Im Auftrag
> von Martin-Eric Racine
> Gesendet am: Dienstag, 9. Februar 1999 13:05
> An: Julian Reschke
> Cc: Frank Naumann; MiNT List
> Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [MiNT] drives
>
> > > MiNT itself patches GEMDOS functions to support partitions Q-Z
>
> Which means 26 drives total.  This was supported in old kernels from
> Atari and it's documented in The Atari Compendium.
>
> > So you say that something in MiNT has changed recently which would
> > allow 32 drives instead of 26?
>
> This is what Frank has done in 1.15.1; it doesn't need BigDOS anymore.

What Frank did is that he added a newfat XFS to the kernel which does not
have the limitations of TOSFS (which goes through the TOS' GEMDOS). I don't
think that he actually changed the way how the kernel supports drive
letters,
so whatever it is right now (26 or 32), it was the same for years.

Frank, correct me if I'm wrong.

regards, jr