Re: [MiNT] old KGMD or new NMD?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:35:33 -0500 (EST), Katherine Ellis wrote:

> >    MiNT'98 is a commercial release, because of the effort we had to put into
> >    the graphical administration system. In fact this and some Networking-Drivers
> >    for Milan, Hades and Panther are the only parts which are not allowed to
> >    be copied.
> hm sorro to hear that. That goes against all what MiNT and unix spirit is
> about basically.
>
> You sell the cd, fine, get money out of it, fine etc. no prob.
> But not able to redistribute part of it because of effort you put into, or
> whatever other reason on a ftp server is not fair.

I disagree, they've written the tools and drivers themselves and are fully
entitled to do whatever they want with them. Everybody's free to do whatever
they want, including working on GPL'ed software for free or their own for
money.

And since MiNT'98 is commercial it means that MiNT-users also can benefit
>from "real" support, which probably will increase the userbase. Just look
what Red Hat and others have done for Linux.

/*
**
*/