Re: [MiNT] uname (conclusion)

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 12:23:14PM +0100, Guido Flohr wrote:
> As far as I can see it the majority has decided that future versions of
> uname should reply "FreeMiNT", right?  From what I understood of Eric R.
> Smith's posting that's also the solution he prefers.
>
> So, this should be put on the TODO list for the MiNTlib.  In my opinion
> this should be done for all kernel versions >= 1.14.  For older kernels
> uname should then still reply "MiNT".

Agreed, only I think we should *always* report 'FreeMiNT' - IMHO, it makes
no sense that the uname outputs varies when I boot a different kernel -
after all, the purpose is to identify the whole system, and not the kernel.
The full kernel details can be reported using 'uname -v'.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen