Re: AW: [MiNT] drive letters

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 07:55:29AM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> How do I make it use c.a instead of libc.a to follow the current scheme?
> It would be nice if _all_ GCC versions could be made to use that simpler
> format instead of lib*.a ... ;)

I think gcc should use the native format, which is lib*.a on all Unix
systems I know - same as with MiNT distributions: keep it standard as long
as there is no reason to change it - this makes smaller patches (or removes
them altogether), and thus makes it easier to port new versions.

And it makes it easier for me to switch between different systems without
needing to remember lots of unnecessary minor differences.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen