Re: [MiNT] Re: MiNTOS versions (macmint)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:58:26 +0100 (EET), Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > The really nice thing about it is that nearly everything that runs on MiNT
> > will run on MacMiNT with very few changes. The exceptions are of course things
> > like AES (not that I really know what this is...:) that access hardware
> > directly. At the moment I'm trying to port w1r3 and it doesn't look too hard...
> > unfortunately JET doesn't handle the /dev/mouse, so I'll have to write
> > that bit myself...
>
> AES (Application Environment Services) is that part that manages windows
> and applications in GEM. It is not suppsed tobe hardware dependent, but
> well,... I do not know AES internals enough to make a point. It certainly
> needs a running VDI.

If MacMiNT had a VDI it should be quite possible to run e.g. N.AES on it.
I don't know much about Macs, but I believe it should be possible to write
a fVDI-driver that use the Mac's graphics subsystem (QuickDraw?).

Hmm, this could be interesting, we have an old Powerbook 150 here, a portable
MiNT-box would be cool :-)

/*
**
*/