Re: [MiNT] ()

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:26:32 +0100 (EET), Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

KK>Even if memory protection doesn´t currently run on a 68040, I do not think
KK>we should introduce into MiNT anything that explicitly encourages
KK>programs to access someone´s else memory, thus be endangered with a bus
KK>error or similar fatal signal.

I agree. See my previous post.

KK>And still, there _MUST_ be another method that calling GEMDOS from
KK>interrupt.

Yes there is: to hook on GEMDOS and XBIOS traps and intercept values
going to Tsetdate/time and Setdate/time. But I consider this even worse
- we were discussing long trap XBRA chains here already.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer
   WWW: http://cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz/~stehlik/              MiNTOS/Linux user