[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [MiNT] su nick
- To: MiNT mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [MiNT] su nick
- From: Tomas Berndtsson <email@example.com>
- Date: 08 Feb 1999 18:04:21 +0100
- In-reply-to: kellis's message of "Sun, 7 Feb 1999 17:47:44 +0000"
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
kellis <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Hi, when I start su kellis (from root) in toswinII
> It will always put me into /usr/bin.
> So everytime I have to enter: cd
> Is there any reason for it to not interpret $HOME?
> Is that a bug or a feature?
if you use "su - kellis" it will start the shell as a login shell,
i.e. as if you did a normal login as kellis. At least this is the
normal behaviour in Un*x.
Tomas - tomas[@.]nocrew.org