[MiNT] Re: GPL

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:36:02 +0000, johnnie ligotage wrote:

> And I `vaguely' remember someone (Eric R. Smith?) pointing out to this
> list, that that was so. (The only email I can find on my system (due to
> recent crashes :-( ) is from Konrad in November 1997).

Yep, Eric reminded us that the freeMiNT kernels shouldn't be called
MiNT, which he had seen happen in a lot of docs and things. I don't
know if it's wrong to officially say a program is ported to MiNT, it
is after all the same system ("Atari" is copyrighted too). But then
again this would technically be incorrect for programs requiring
versions 1.14 and up. :) But I think (we should make sure though)
that when naming the platform (as opposed to the kernel) MiNT is ok.

What about FreshMiNT, SpearMiNT, PepperMiNT? After all, it's a "Unix
flavor" isn't it? :)) (Ignore this) :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /