Re: AW: [MiNT] drives

> > >From the Compendium's chapter 2:
> > Drives 'C' through 'P' are available for use by hard disk drives.
> > (...)
> > MultiTOS extends drive letter assignments to 'Z' drive.
>
> This is plain wrong. MiNT itselt supports what the XFS in use is
> supporting. As long as MiNT goes to the old TOS GEMDOS calls (TOSFS),
> it is still limited to 16 drives (where drive==FAT partition).

MiNT itself patches GEMDOS functions to support partitions Q-Z and this
is well-documented.  Don't get me started on this....

(obviously the Compendium really meant MiNT, not MultiTOS)

> > What XHDI adds are drives 1 to 6 (after Z), for a total of 32 drives.
>
> No. XHDI is just a spec about how a modern hd driver should work.

I know!!!

> It defines *how* to support 32 BIOS drives.

Which was my whole point.  XHDI compliant GEMDOS versions (such as MiNT
1.15.1 or BigDOS) are how partitions 1-6 get supported.

***

Listen, you say to-may-toe and I say to-maa-to, but we both eat it. ;-)

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/