Re: [MiNT] ()

> on 68040 I haven't noticed any bad effects (there's no private memory I
> guess). Anyway, if the cookie won't be installed by MiNT one can always
> install them with the DTCOOKIE hack that will do the same as the code
> above.

Uhm, well, not quite the same, because DTCOOKIE won't figure out where the
internal kernel variables are and won't create pointers to them.

Even if memory protection doesn't currently run on a 68040, I do not think
we should introduce into MiNT anything that explicitly encourages
programs to access someone's else memory, thus be endangered with a bus
error or similar fatal signal.

And still, there _MUST_ be another method that calling GEMDOS from
interrupt.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.