RE: [MiNT] drive letters (was: Kernal questions)

Everybody. "Hiding" is just setting a flag. The entry remains accessible to
all GEMDOS calls.

> Same problem if / is owned by root and root does "chmod 100 /" or
> something similarly stupid.  Then the whole filesystem is gone.....

Nobody has suggested that. It was suggested that Fattrib() supports the
"hidden" flag for entries in the root of U:\. That's it.

> Quite frankly, it would be much better to simply remove the parts
> that mount the logical drives into / from the kernel sources.

Frankly, this will break existing software for purely cosmetic purposes and
thus is inacceptable.