Re: [MiNT] _major_ filesystem bug

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 08:20:28 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > > Fnramfs and VFAT drivers are case-sensitive and they work with ST-ZIP,
> >
> > Wrong. The ramdisk and VFAT filesystem is case-preserving and not
> > case-sensitive (this is an important difference!).
>
> OK, so, can we make MinixFS and U: case-preserving then?
> It would seem more usefull than just case-sensitive.

Please don't! In a case-preserving filesystem GURBA.FOO and Gurba.foo is the
same file...

Btw. Frank N., it's impossible to rename 'gurba.foo' to 'Gurba.foo' under
ram.xfs. It works fine on a VFAT/NEWFATFS-partition (using Thing), although
mv fails there as well since gurba.foo and Gurba.foo is the same file.

/*
**
*/