[MiNT] GNU configure problems

Hi!

I've given a program that uses GNU configure scripts to about a
dozen beta testers.  All except one can run "configure && make".

Why doesn't configure not work on his system?  It seems like
config.status (gets created by configure) is corrupted.  But
this seems particularly simple, config.status is created almost
entirely from here documents:

cat >config.status <<EOF
#!/bin/sh
# This is config.status, blabla, ...
# sed commands following:
s%@CFLAGS@%$CFLAGS%g
s%@CPPFLAGS@%$CPPFLAGS%g
s%@CXXFLAGS@%$CXXFLAGS%g
s%@DEFS@%$DEFS%g
EOF

I've often heard that people have difficulties running configure
scripts but I don't see a reason.  Well, that user has only
8 megs of RAM, could that be a reason?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

Keep in mind always the two constant Laws of Frisbee:
	(1) The most powerful force in the world is that of a disc
	    straining to land under a car, just out of reach (this
	    force is technically termed "car suck").
	(2) Never precede any maneuver by a comment more predictive
	    than "Watch this!"