Re: [MiNT] CodeWarrior?

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 09:42:18AM +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:
> I just read on Metrowerks' homepage that CodeWarrior soon will support
> command-line tools and compilers, and they mentioned gcc/GNU-tools as an
> example. Would it be possible compile "our" gcc/tools for DOS/Windows so I
> finally can use my PC for something useful?

In what direction? Do you want to cross-compile on the PC, and generate MiNT
binaries, or the other way round?

The first should work fine: get CYGWIN32 (sourceware.cygnus.com/gnuwin32
IIRC), and install that on Windows (NT preferred, it made my Win95 quite
unstable when compiling a gcc with that).

Using the cygwin32-gcc, you can easily build binutils and then a cross-gcc
for any supported target - I just did that (not for MiNT, but some other
embedded target). Be sure to read the crossgcc-FAQ. A current egcs should
work fine.

(when using binutils, get Guido Flohr's patches - using these, you can use
binutils-2.9.1 and need not worry about the old linker which we still use on
MiNT).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen