Re: [MiNT] Corrupted FS with 1.15.1b9

Hi Josk!

> Yesterday I also noticed the locking-situation Martin-Eric described. I copied
> the entire E-partition to J (also VFAT-partition) with Thing, and after about
> 30Mb the copying halted. There was no respons from the mouse and keyboard, but
> with Martin-Eric's recent mail in mind I decided to wait and see. After a
> couple of minutes the copying resumed.

Exactly.

Since you experienced it using NEWFAT and myself using Minix 70.x then I
would think the problem lies in the kernel's own writeback-cache sources.
Perhaps flushing the cache's buffer should have a higher priority?

Martin-Eric Racine       http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage   http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030/
New MiNT Distribution   http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/nmd.htm