Re: [MiNT] New MiNT updates

On 5 Apr 1999, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>   Mario, since upgrading have you had any problems with your CD-ROM? Well,
>   first I guess I should ask what CD-ROM software you are using...I'm using
>   Extendos Pro Gold, and when going from 1.15 alpha to 1.15.1-0.2, I lose
>   the ability to access data CD's. It gives "TOS Error 46". It does still
>   play audio CD's via Alexander Clauss's excellant CD-Player. Thanks.

I had not actually used the CD-ROM, but briefly trying it now it seems to
work the same as before on data CDs. I'm using Spin! to access the CD-ROM
drive, so maybe if I was using Extendos I would have the same problem.
However I don't have Extendos Pro Gold so I can't check that.

I just hope I don't start getting the various problems that Q-Funk
has mentioned from time to time: so far it seems to be working very well,
so I'm crossing my fingers.

Another thing I noticed is that with the new version, I seem to have a
couple more megabytes of RAM available. I wonder why that is.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.pl.net/~mario/    * Atari Serial Mouse Interface           |