Re: [MiNT] memory protection on Afterburner04

On 2 May 99 00:28:30 +0000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> active :-/ Unfortunately it's not possible to activate CB until after N.AES
> has changed resolution, because Nova-VDI crashes when changing rez. and CB
> is enabled... Hmmm, perhaps if I move the Nova-stuff to ST-RAM... Nope, it

It turns out that it's not Nova-VDI that's the problem, but N.AES. If I load
N.AES to ST-RAM (which is not cached) it loads fine, but if I load it to
FastRAM with CB enabled it crashes. It looks like N.AES is a bit ugly, it
crashes the kernel with a memory-violation at exit if MP is enabled.

As for the reset-problem, if I disable MiNT's resethandler the resetbutton
works fine, but softresets still doesn't work.

Btw. I think it would be a good idea to remove the XMMU-cookie if MP is enabled,
as it's of no use then.

/*
**
*/