Re: [MiNT] /dev/

On Sat, 8 May 1999 10:24:47 +0300 (EET DST), Mikko Larjava wrote:

> Yes that's exactly what it means. You can Fopen("u:\\dev\\modem2, 2)
> under single tos if hs-modem is installed. I suggest that you read the
> documents that are in the hs-modem archive.

The docs says:

"You get a handle for this by using the GEMDOS-Fopen-function called with
the name "U:\DEV\MODEM1". (C-Programmers: double the backslashs). This
will work if DRVIN (and the driver) is installed, under MiNT, unter MagiC."

I've always believed that this means that HS-Modem only supported u:\dev if
the OS already did so, and that you otherwise had to Fopen() the standard
GEMDOS-devices (AUX). Have I misunderstood something? (Please tell me I
haven't, I *hate* being wrong and I'm an incredibly poor looser...)

/*
**
*/