Re: [MiNT] IP masquerading for MiNTNet

Hi Mario,

> As you may recall I mentioned in a previous email on this list that I
> intended to start work on IP masquerading functionality for MiNTNet.
>
> I have already implemented some of the basics and I am now using IP
> masquerading with MiNTNet running on my TT. Two PC's (one running Linux,
> the other Windows) are accessing the internet via the TT and a standard
> dial-up connection, using IP masquerading, and performance seems to be
> very good. I have successfully used the WWW, FTP (passive mode), telnet
> and of course hostname lookups via MiNTNet and IP masquerading without any
> problems.
>
> However the system is not finished, and it is not in a form suitable for
> general use. I hope to have a minimally functional version completed
> within a week or so. I will announce on this mailing list when it is
> ready.

This sounds very interesting to me. This and auto-dialing were ideas I also
had to implement next into MiNT-Net.

As I stated some time before I "inherited" the maintainer job for MiNT-Net some
time ago from Kay. Since I don't have too much time left for this (and still
have to learn a lot about TCP/IP/... internals I'm very thankful for such
projects.

I just ask you not only to release the sources here (in this list) or drop
modified MiNT-Net versions somewhere without passing the modifications to me
so that I can include them into the official release versions.

With best regards,
            Torsten Lang (Torsten@Lang.net)