Re: [MiNT] /dev/

Good to hear from you, isi. ;-)

> > Let's keep in mind that RSVF cookie works on _anything_ that runs
> > TOS (if you install HS-Modem), while /dev/name is only available
> > on MiNT or Magic.  Compatibility is the word.
>
> HS-Modem does implement u:\dev\ for serial ports. The problem is that
> it is not fully compatible with MiNT's implementation which is official
> if I remember correctly.

Was it?  The story of HS-Modem and MiNT implementing the RSVF cookie
sounds like the story of the Chicken and the Egg.  Which came first?
There are email experpts between Eric Smith and Harun Scheutzow, in
the HS-Modem docs, but they don't clarify much to me.

Anyways, MiNT obviously _is_ the officialy-adopted Atari spec, so it
should have presedence over anything else, but if it turns out that
both MagiC and HS-Modem use the same method, we might have to consider
upgrading _our_ methods.

Perhaps someone familiar with all 3 systems could answer?

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/