Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.1

On 13 May 1999, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

[nothing, since it was a part of the header...  well, here it was]

>Hi Odd...just thought that I'd tell you that the 1.15 kernel I obtained
>from you does in fact work fine with my TT.  Like several other TT
>users though, I can't use the latest kernels... it crashes at boot up,
>right before the login prompt, with a "pid xnumber page memory violation"
>that (this is funny) continues to count UP!  and fill the screen...

I've seen that happen before, on some previous 1.15.1 betas.

It seems that most of the bugs don't appear on machines with their
own VDI imbeded into the graphic card drivers, in general.  Recent
fixes involve bypassing TOS routines completely, which explain it.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/