RE: [MiNT] ext2fs

Julian,

> So you want to base the decision on what time format to use within the
> kernel on the requirements of one single corner clock TSR (which does not
> work on graphics cards anyway)

Please note that:

- DTCOOKIE was designed for ShowTime (a corner clock TSR that works on
a graphics card, IIRC)

- DTCOOKIE is used also by Clocky (another corner clock TSR that works on
NOVA and Milan graphics - the Milan is supported in an ureleased beta)

- DTCOOKIE is not a requirement for running ShowTime nor Clocky, it is
just better to have it installed because then the TSRs can easily track
changes of date/time

- and last: I agree with the idea of DTC daemon and I'll write it ASAP

Petr