Re: [MiNT] GlueSTiK and mem protection

Hi Scott!

> > You are right. Gluestik must allocate such memory in user area.
>
> You're sure of this?

If this memory is returned to the user process: yes. But such method is
in general a bad design.

> This is happening inside the device driver;

And? Make this a difference about the owner of the allocated memory block?

> I didn't think umalloc() could be used there.

And why? Kmalloc return kernel private memory, it's not allowed for any
other process to access this memory.

> Is there a way to simply
> change the visibility of the memory so that it can be seen by user
> programs,

No.

Tschuess
   ...Frank