Re: Fwd: Re: [MiNT] Security

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 06:53:16PM +0000, Barry Schut wrote:

> HOLD!  as far as *-I-* can see, MiNT has 2 sides: AES and UNIX-LIKE
> i myself have a mint setup with both standard combined (the aes starts
> automaticly) so this 'quote' is lethal for my system if some dork starts
> to hack my system down (when online) and starts this program, combined
> with what ever tools one can use to kick my ass of the internet, i'm finito...

If someone gets a shell on your MiNT machine, you are in trouble anyway
unless you have a securelevel-protected setup - otherwise, he can simply
switch to super mode and either turn off interrupts and loop forever, or
simply reboot the machine - so this is only a threat for legitimate users on
your system who might want to crash it.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen