RE: [MiNT] DHCP for MiNT-Net?

Perhaps, but don't mix ISDN into this.

> > I don't know any details about the DHCP protocol though, so I have no
> > idea how easy it would be to port it to MiNTnet.
>
> Hence why I asked if anyone knew anything about it on the list. :-)

I know that under linux you have a daemon and a couple of
configuration-files in /etc/dhcp (IIRC). I believe that porting this daemon
to MiNT-Net would mainly consist of modifying the code that actually sets
the received parameters (gateway, netmask, IP-address...). I don't think it
would be too hard for somebody with a bit of knowledge about MiNT-Net, but
that person also needs access to a DHCP-server to actually test stuff. That
person is definitely not me ;-)

If anybody wants to give it a try, or simply learn about DHCP, go to
http://www.dhcp.org/.

Jo Even Skarstein