Re: [MiNT] MLPPP for MiNT?

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > Just thinking if anyone has ever try to do MLPPP protocol (MultiLink
> > PPP) for MiNT? Since my employer is paying my phonebills, I don´t mind
> > to have two lines open to the net ...
> Not that I would know of.  However, Ascend has a package that is
> easily licensed, right off their web site.

Still, the standalone ISDN-modem as they are sometimes misscalled, usally
only has ONE channel to the computer. So your PPPD don't have to do
anything.

ON the other hand if you had a Terminal Adapter, TA, that ONLY passed the
2 64K B channels to your computer, over for example 2 serialports, then
you would have the problem of letting your PPPD handle the aggregation of
the 2 channels.

This is the case for cheap ISDN-TAs that you install in your PC
internally. But since the question was about a TA that in the specs
(although all I could find, was in finnish) stated that it suported ML-ppp
it should be no problem for the current MINT-PPPD to handle.

If you could send one URL to the Lucent/Ascend packege you reffer to,
since I work with some of Ascends ISDN products that has some BONDING
capabilities, not ML-ppp though but AIM wich I REALLY would like to have
source too :)

> > Current MiNT PPP driver doesn´t seem to like BOD functions (or
> > MultiLink) functions at all ... or is there something I have missed
> > totally?
> We are using 2.2.0f while the rest of the Unix universe upgraded
> to 2.3.5 (or something) which might explain it.

So why don't you port it?

I'm not using ANY pppd 2.someting on my solaris and I belive Solaris is
quite a large bit of the UNIX universe.

//Robert