Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 05:24:26AM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> I don't even know what "dump information" means (OK, so I'm drunk...), but

the dump fiels in fstab specifies at which dump levels the dump tool makes
backups of this filesystem. You could get around this by modifying dump, and
get this information from some other configuration file ... but I don't see
the advantage of that.

> IMHO fsck can get all necessary information from GEMDOS, and not fstab. Why

GEMDOS does not tell me what physical drive a partition is on. Maybe XHDI
can help here?

Running two parallel fscks on the same drive is a very bad idea
(performance-wise).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen