Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 03:17:41PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I wouldn't want to run two fsck's at the same time at all -- no matter on
> which drive...

Why?

If you have overlapping IO, you want to run as many fsck's as possible in
parallel (up to a certain amount - you don't want to run out of memory)[1].
However, you *don't* want to run two parallel fsck's on the same physical
drive, since the seeks slow it down a lot then.

> OK, if you need to inquire this, XHDI will give you the information and
> functionality you need.

OK.

cu
Michael

[1] This is a  reason why I still think fstab is a nice idea, since it
allows me to specify which partitions are fsck'd in parallel and which are
not.
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen