RE: [MiNT] pppd error messages

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:09:45 +1200, Mario Becroft wrote:

MB>> What serial ports does your
MB>> CoNnect see under MiNT?
MB>
MB>All of them (modem1, modem2, serial1, serial2, midi, LAN).

Well. Anders and Ronald wrote that their CoNnects saw just SERIAL and
MIDI. The same happens on all Falcons here in Czech. It seems to me that
CoNnect does something like this:

if (machine == TT)
   ports = {"modem1", "modem2", "serial1", "serial2", "midi", "LAN"}
else if (machine == Falcon)
   if (RSVF installed)
      fetch ports from RSVF
   else
      if (MiNT installed)
         ports = {"SERIAL", "MIDI"}
         if ("MODEMDEV" exists)
            ports[SERIAL] = getenv("MODEMDEV")
         else
            ports[SERIAL] = use direct HW access to SCC B
         fi
      else
         // falcon should have at least "serial", "lan" and "midi"
         use direct HW access to all ports
      fi
   fi
fi

I know it's crazy scheme but I can't imagine why on Falcon we get just
"SERIAL" under MiNT while on your TT you get all ports.

Petr
--
E-mail: joy@sophics.cz                                    PARCP developer
   WWW: http://joy.atari.org/                            MiNTOS/Linux user