RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

It's the only working method to inquire a list of all available file
systems. You can't rely on drvbits, so you *have* to use the contents of U:.

> also doesn't guarantee the *names*, so doing what LZH-Shell does is
> obviously broken behaviour.

Of course. Nobody should expect particular names. A CD-ROM might appear as
u:\cd, that's already possible right now.

> > or c: (this is equal for the kernel) it's not the right
> behaviour that /c
> > not exist anymore? And if you mount it to /f/tmp it's not right that you
> > can only access it through /f/tmp then?
> >
> Normally yes. I don't see a problem in moving the mountpoints around, as
> potential problems with programs that makes assumptions about names can
> easily be circumvented with a symlink.

As I said, I don't like it, because existing code might fail just because
people forget the symlinks. And I haven't been convinced why it is a problem
to keep them accessible in U: if you allow people to hide the entries.

> However, we must not forget that this is MiNT - a TOS-derivate -
> so even if
> /c is moved to e.g. /var/tos/c (or something stupid like that) I think it
> still should be available through c:.

But then I would point out, that it *is* guaranteed that <driveletter>: is
also available under u:\<driveletter>.