RE: [MiNT] pppd error messages

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> The basic comm apps are IMHO as follows:
> - pppd (for Inet)
> - CoNnect (for BBS)
> - Semper (for Fidonet/NeST)
> - XXX (an application that utilizes LAN port for communication with
> various little devices like organizers etc)

I use pppd and CoNnect under MiNT (and some other communications
programs), and I've never had a problem with either of them. HSMODEM is
before MiNT in the auto folder, I don't use any of this RSVX, HSMINST
stuff. I just put HSMODEM in my AUTO folder, then MiNT, and the programs
work fine. Flow control definitely works in all programs.

I don't know about the other two programs you mention, however.

I wonder what I can be doing to make it work so well, if it doesn't work
for anyone else. As far as I am aware I have not done any special kind of
installation to make this work.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |