[MiNT] MiNT random bug and question

Firstly, I noticed today that the command "cat /dev/random" freezes the
machine. I've only tried it once as I don't want to freeze my machine a
second time. This occurs with the latest MiNT beta version 1.15.3 on a TT.
I do not know whether earlier versions were affected. I have not
investigated the problem any further than this. Maybe somone would like to
look into it.

Secondly I want to obtain random numbers in a XDD. I thought I might be
able to use the XBIOS Random() function, but there is no jump table in the
KERINFO structure for XBIOS. Is it possible to access the XBIOS from a
XDD? Otherwise maybe /dev/random would work if someone would explain how
to use it.

Thanks.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |