[MiNT] MiNT problem

Frank,

I just told you on IRC that the new MiNT version seemed not to be
suffering from the problems which I have had since around version 1.15.0.
Ha ha. About one hour after I got off IRC the problem happened again.

Do you have any idea what I can do to debug this problem?

To summarise again briefly, the problem only seems to affect certain
programs, namely uux and httpd, which crash maybe 20% of the times that
they are loaded. Once loaded, they run ok. The crash only ever happens
just when the program is loading or has just started running (I don't know
which). It seems to happen in groups, i.e. if the computer is in a good
mood I might run uux 50 times and nothing goes wrong. But later, I can run
it 50 times and it will crash almost every time. These crashes usually
take a few days to start happening. Within the first day after turning on
the TT I seldom get a crash. After two days I might get a crash. After 4
days I am usually getting lots of crashes.

Then to finish everything, after 4 days to a week the computer will just
freeze, and must be rebooted. This freeze can happen independently of
which programs are running or what I am doing with the machine, although
it almost always happens while I am using the machine, i.e. seldom during
the night when the machine is not doing much.

While the individual cases are quite random, the overall pattern is always
the same. No problems to start with, then the crashes begin, and after a
while I get the final freeze.

Any ideas?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |