[MiNT] Re: bash new version

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 01:17:03AM +0000, kellis wrote:
> Hello Guido.
>
> I think ozk and I have spotted a bug in bash:
> GNU bash, version 2.03.2(1)-release (m68k-atari-mint)
>
> Interactively it seems to work very well.
>
> When use in scripts, it seems it has problem with if [ (or if [[ )
>
> It seems that within [ $var ]  var never gets expanded correctly

Sorry, I can't reproduce that bug here.
Just to make sure, this is the script I have tried:

#! /bin/sh

outfile="/etc/rc.net"
echo "outfile: $outfile"

if [ -f "$outfile" ]; then
  echo "$outfile exists"
else
  echo "$outfile does not exist"
fi

I have tried it with /bin/sh, bin/bash and /bin/ksh after the
hash bang.  I also tried the korn shell style double [[,
it always works, always reports

outfile: /etc/rc.net
/etc/rc.net exists

Try to replace "/etc/rc.net" with "u:\\etc\\rc.net".  If this
works and my version does not, then your UNIXMODE is not
exported.

Which bash do you use? The one from Sparemint?

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/