[MiNT] Olga, QED, and aMAIL...?

Hallo Guido

GF>Anyway, setting up smail for that purpose is really simple. When
GF>installing the smail rpm you have to edit one single config file (four
or
GF>five lines) and everything is already prepared. Really not that hard.

BTW: When I try to rpm -i smail, rpm complains about missing gzip and
/bin/sh which both exist.

In general: Everytime another package (or program) is required, rpm
fails to find it even if it exists, eg /bin/sh, else it works ok.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here's the output:

#rpm -vv -i smail*
D: counting packages to install
D: found 1 packages
D: looking for packages to download
D: retrieved 0 packages
D: New Header signature
D: Signature size: 68
D: Signature pad : 4
D: sigsize         : 72
D: Header + Archive: 466826
D: expected size   : 466826
D: opening database mode 0x202 in //var/lib/rpm/
D: found 0 source and 1 binary packages
D: dependencies: looking for gzip
D: package smail require not satisfied: gzip
D: dependencies: looking for /bin/sh
D: package smail require not satisfied: /bin/sh
D: dependencies: looking for qmail
D: dependencies: looking for sendmail
error: failed dependencies:
        gzip is needed by smail-3.2.0.101-1
        /bin/sh   is needed by smail-3.2.0.101-1

bye, Helmut