RE: [MiNT] Hades MiNT-Net problems

MiNT will run any program after itself in the autofolder, before it launches
the GEM- or INIT-program.

> I think that I'll try to find RSVX.PRG... Patching MiNT is
> far beyond my
> knowledges in C --which are close to zero. <g>

You don't need to patch the sources, just change one byte in the executable.
I've posted this a couple of times before on this list (a while ago now),
but here it comes again:

* Load mint.prg into qed or any other binary editor.
* Search for the string "RSVF".
* Replace the *second* occurence of this string with "RSVx" (or any other
4-character string != "RSVF")

The RSVF-cookie is now available under MiNT. Be careful though.

>  JES> Do you use TosWin2 (and xconout.xdd)? If so then you
> should use either
>  JES> /dev/con00 or /dev/console (preferably the latter) and
> not /dev/con.
>
> I have both but I have no "con00" device. My shell windows
> are named from

If you have xconout.xdd and TosWin 2.x installed, everything that's printed
to /dev/console will appear in TosWin's console-window, but *only* if this
window is open or configured to open automatically. If not, everything will
be printed directly to the screen instead.

>  JES> Unless you specify an address in either pppd's
> commandstring or one of
>  JES> it's config-files you will get the address automatically.
>
> I meant: How to print it on screen? With NOS I'm used to type
> "ip addr" after

I guess you can just use "route", but there are probably other
programs/scripts available that simplifies this. I've never used any of
these though, perhaps somebody else can help?

Jo Even Skarstein