Re: [MiNT] BigDOS again

Hi!

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 08:07:54PM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> 2) At bootup, the last partition isn't found by HD-Driver.

As said in a parallel mail, you might have to add LNX to the list of
XHDI partition types in HDDRIVER.

> 3) Thing finds the partition, but cannot show its content (file not
>    found or something).

In that case, HDDRIVER /had/ found the partition, otherwise the drive
letter wouldn't have been accessible for Thing (i.e. it would just have
"beeped").

>            4) I run mke2fs and it reported some error (I forgot
>               which, it has been over 6 months since) which has
>               prevented me from making it into ext2.

What about trying again, this time with a detailed report (or did you
send one back then, at least to Frank?) Or did you already completely
re-partition the drive?

> Why doesn't the kernel report that, since it is what increases
> the partition limit?

That's a point Uwe and I already tried to convince Frank of, but he says
he doesn't like that, and he has some good arguments. But anyway, this
will just stop some direct-access software from working (like FAT
checkers), but MiNT itself of course doesn't need it to access large
TOS/DOS partitions.

Ciao

Thomas

--