Re: [MiNT] pdomain() inheritance?

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 03:46:36PM +0100, Thomas Binder wrote:
> For Photoline, I'd suggest a real patch (and not a wrapper, what was
> what you suggested), i.e. see if there's room at the beginning of the
> initial routine to insert the 10 bytes requiered for a Pdomain(1) call
> in assembler (move.l #$1190001,-(sp) trap #1 addq.l #2,sp)

This may fix Photoline (or break it) but doesn't solve the general
problem.  What about a new ioctl on the proc filesystem that allows you to
change (at your own risk!) the domain of a certain process?  There are no
security concerns about that, the normal filesystem protection (the
process file is owned by the process's uid) will do.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/