RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

Hi,

> > We have to have a realistic view on who the users are and what
> > uses MiNT have and will have.
>
> This is the point. There's much more people that want fast, stable and not
> resource hungry multitasking operating system for running their favourite
> TOS, GEM and unix applications than people that are really in a danger
> of hacker attacks.

This is a bit off topic, but what about a change in the 68000 kernels?
I meant, they're now considered generic, i.e. theoretically, you can run
68000 kernel on any machine. I think it was something considerable in the
past, but now it is a pure utopia. The result it, that a 68000 machine,
slower by nature, has yet to execute more kernel code, because there are
for example checks for long stackframes. So what about chaning the
ONLY030 compiler switch so that if it is not defined, a pure 68000 kernel
would be produced which would NOT work on a 68020+, but would be really
68000 optimizaed instead?

Does anyone use MiNT on a 68000 machine, anyway?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.