Re: [MiNT] New kernel features

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999 11:42:05 +0100 (CET), Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

> > If a feature requires more memory than expected, well, is this feature
> > absolutely vital for the old hardware users to have it?
> > MiNT 1.15.x works fine and is quite something already.
>
> Precisely my point. :-) To look upon it crudely: The argument is basically
> about whether we want new features or not. An argument against new

I don't see it like that, it's more a matter of *how* to add these new
features. Should we go for a monolithic monster-mega-kernel (which we will
eventually get) or loadable modules? I prefer the latter, but for many
things this will require a new, more advanced module-interface in addition
to the current device- and filesystem-interfaces.

/*
**
*/