RE: [MiNT] expanded /proc vs new /kern

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:38:40 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > I suggest that if the full name is really needed, then a new ioctl on
> > /proc/.[pid] would suffice. Guido already suggested an ioctl to
> > retrieve the
> > argument-vector which also will return the complete filename of
> > the process.
>
> The latter is called PLOADINFO and has been around in MiNT for several years
> now.

>From the Atari Compendium:

"cmd should point to a 128 byte character
buffer into which the processes' command line
will be copied. fname should point to a buffer
fnamelen bytes long into which the complete
path and filename of the process' parent will
be copied. If the buffer is too short the call
will return ENAMETOOLONG."

As far as I can see it only returns the commandline you normally find in the
basepage, and not the ARGV-commandline. AFAIK the name of the process is not
found on this commandline, although I could be wrong (I very often am).

As for 'fname', why does it return the path and filename to the process'
*parent* and not the process itself? Am I missing something incredibly obvious
here?

/*
**
*/