Re: [MiNT] minimal support base

> >> if you have too little memory to run MiNT properly then it's
> >> your bad luck.  Why hold back the entire platform?

> If others want to be stuck in a timewarp with limited machines
> and not upgrade at all, then how can the software improve?  I
> think sometimes people expect to much from an old ST.  ;-)

This is why I asked.  What can we expect from an ST?

On one hand:

"There are enough second-hand TT's and Falcons out there that we
should only support 030 and up, possibly with FPU, since people
can upgrade to better machines for cheap."

On the other:

"My STE has a Veloce+ accelerator which uses a 020 but it can be
switched back to the 68000 for compatibility.  It also came with
4 MB of TT-RAM, for a total of 8 MB (ST+TT ram)."

Then again:

"My second-hand TT came with 4 MB of ST-RAM and 4 MB of TT-RAM.
The TT-RAM seemed to be the older type with fixed memory chips;
it isn't the model which uses SIMMs, so I'm stuck with 8 MB."

Last, but not least:

"Last time I tried hunting down an FPU for my Falcon, they asked
me how many hundreds I wanted.  Once I explained I only need one,
their price hit the roof, so there's no way I'm buying any FPU."

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk